- This event has passed.
Stampede Showdown Edition 3
August 17 - August 18
Join us for our annual Stampede Showdown!
DATE: August 17-18, 2019
SIGN UP HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1fI6c_aKNI3hmupHkhOTc4vEZo1nVtMuzjc1OYqDcgFuzkQ/viewform
OUR WEBSITE: https://www.bikepoloyyc.com/
Friday: Pick-up @ 6pm
Registration party @ TBA
Saturday: Games begin at 9am! Swiss rounds
Saturday night: BREW CREW CRAWL – ride around with us and visit our favourite breweries in Calgary!
Sunday: Games begin at 9am! Double Elimination
Sunday Night: Closing ceremony @ TBA
THINGS TO DO IN CALGARY:
(1) The Coup, Ethical Vegetarian – Casual, contemporary spot offering vegan/vegetarian options such as tempeh shawarma, with cocktails. 924 17 Ave SW. http://www.thecoup.ca/
(2) Cafe Koi – Enjoy a blended cuisine inspired by the best food out of China, Korea and Japan with a plethora of vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and allergen friendly options. #100, 1011 1st St SW. https://www.koicalgary.com/
(3) Veg-In YYC – Straightforward cafe offering a selection of vegetarian & vegan dishes with an Indian influence. https://www.veginyyc.com/
736 17 Ave SW. https://www.cliveburger.com/food
Best places for a good ol’ Alberta burger:
(1) Boogies Burger – Calgary’s best burger shop, serving colossal burger combinations, milkshakes, beer and vintage arcade games. 908 Edmonton Trail NE. http://boogiesburgers.com/
(2) Clive Burger – Counter-serve nook with a retro vibe & outdoor seating offering eco-friendly burgers, beer & shakes (Vegetarian, Vegan, GF options available).
(3) Burger 320 – Three locations in the downtown area!: 814 1 Ave NE (Bridgeland), 126 10 St NW (Kensington), 1314 9 Ave SE (Inglewood). http://www.burger320.com/category/menu/
Sweet Sweet Patio Times:
(1) Rooftop Bar @ Simmons (Charbar) – everyday is perfect day for a cucina fiesta! From morning to sunset, you’ll experience the casual cool vibes of Latin music, fresh flavours, summertime cocktails, and an amazing view of the Bow River! . 618 Confluence Way SE on the Simmons Building Rooftop. http://rtbsimmons.ca/
(2) Prohibition Freehouse – Bar & Grill with a great tiki-themed patio. 1153 Kensington Crescent NW.
(3) National on 8th – Lively, wood-lined & brick-walled venue for rotating beer taps, spirits, wine & hearty pub grub. 225 8 Ave SW #360. http://ntnl.ca/national-on-8th/home-ntnl8
MOUNTAIN BIKING: A few of us from the club are interested in doing some MTB on the monday following the tournament – we are looking to get players a deal on rental bikes so let us know if this is something you are interested in!
RIVER RAFTING/FLOATING/LOW-KEY BEER DRINKING: Those of you not interested in MTB’ing and just wanna chill/drink beers/float down the bow river, we are also looking into renting a raft for a day. Let us know what you want!