Dames IV – WTF* Bike Polo Tournament
May 25 - May 26
P L A Y E R D E T A I L S
R E G I S T R A T I O N :
– Opening on March 1st, 2019
– We will be using Google forms for team registration and will make sure everyone is aware of where to register in a future update.
– Payments will be taken online at the time of registering
– Fee’s will be announced soon.
D A T E S // O V E R V I E W :
Main WTF-GNB Two-Day Event
Memorial Day Weekend
M A I N E V E N T F O R M A T :
– 4-6 players per team, up to 5 players suited to play for each game.
– 12 teams
L O C A T I O N :
Judkins Park // 1119 23rd Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144
F R E E A G E N T S // S O L O P L A Y E R S :
– Slayers seeking slayers resource can be found here
– We want to encourage team building please use this resource if you would like to come to Dames but don’t know where to start or if you have a partial team but looking for more players.
M O R E D E T A I L S
K E E P U P D A T E D :
– Follow us on Instagram at @seattlewtfbikepolo
– Follow us on Facebook at Seattle WTF Bike Polo Night
– If you don’t have social media you can subscribe to a mailing list here and check out our website for updates
A I R P O R T :
– Our light rail is easy to use and for less than $3 and will take you from the airport to downtown & other popular neighborhoods.
– Travel hack: use skyscanner.com, view by month and it will show you which dates have the lowest fare.
H O S T S // H O U S I N G :
– We are preparing a hosting plan and will update everyone soon
– International travelers will hold priority for housing
– For those looking to arrange your own housing (Airbnb / Hostels), we will post a map and highlight recommended neighborhoods to stay in.
L I V E S T R E A M :
– We plan on live streaming the event
– Currently working out details for production and will post an update soon.
C O U R T S :
– 2 Courts (photos)
– Size: 120×60′
– Surface: Rough concrete for both courts. Court B is painted concrete. Performs okay to just fine in the rain.
– Goals: Polo custom metal goals with nets
– Walls: 4ft wooden boards, a permanent fixture of the court, the north side, is a long concrete wall.
– Doors: Both have two sets full swing doors on each side of each court.
– Estimated daylight will be until 9pm but with our generator and LED lights we could potentially play until midnight if needed.
– Public park restrooms, water fountain, kids water park fountains to dance around and cool off in,
– 15-20 car parking lot with free parking and open non-paid street parking
– Nearby Minimarket, Super Market and restaurants within 0.6 miles from courts (we will provide a map)
E V E N T P O S T E R C R E D :
Gracias Feli M.
O R G A N I Z E R S // H O S T S :
– Seattle WTF Bike Polo Players
– We are a group of 10+ active women, trans, femme and gender queer bike polo players that meet to play every week during the summer in Seattle (seasonal due to weather)
Q U E S T I O N S?
S P E C T A T O R D E T A I L S :
What is Dames of the Round Table?
Dames is a women/trans*/femme and gender non-binary (WTF-GNB) tournament held every summer in North America to show support and celebrate the skill of WTF-GNB players in the bike polo community. Players come to play competitive games, get inspired, challenged and encouraged, to enjoy comradery and community, and to see other people, like them, do extraordinary things. This tournament is groundbreaking as it is played as a squad format, 5v5, instead of the traditional 3v3 format.
What if I want to come and watch the tournament?
Dames is free for spectators. This event will be held in a public space and we would love to share the event with you. We ask that if you attend, you must respect everyone attending, respect a player’s space and never assume someone’s pronoun.